Saturday, April 22, 2006

 

Show Us the Money and Peace

Far left, Rian Harris from the US Embassy with the associates and the Bpeace mission team,


Training day. The first time since we arrived we saw the associates as a group. Hugs and kisses flew. We started asking the associates what’s new? What’s happened since we last caught up? To hear all the progress in one sitting made the Bpeacer feel terrific. Several of the associates who had been to New York during the Style Road Trip talked about improving their quality. Suria said lessons learned had increased her sales by 30% Asemat spoke of applying paint to Herat glass—true innovation. Zarah emotionally described the hardest decision of her young life, to put business on hold and go back to school. Kamela credited Bpeace with helping her get into the Thunderbird Artemis program, which led to a story in the New York Times, which led to an invitation to a conference in the US where she had her photo taken with Condoleezza Rice, which has turned out to be great for her consulting business. Their English has improved slightly, and dramatically for some.

Comments:
We're in awe. My, oh, my what can be accomplished in a single day! Congratulations to the entire Bpeace team!
 
You all look fabulous!! I can not tell you how much I wish I was there with you all! Great work - our thoughts and well wishes are with you!!!
 
Hi Ray:
Baseball update from Saturday's games.

Mets 8 - Padres 1: Pedro struck out 11

Yankees 6 - Orioles 1
 
The pictures get better and better. You all look healthy and happy and so glad the sun has been shining.
Just an fyi, Laurie Chock spoke the other eve on a panel featuring various women film producers. She spoke of Bpeace and of course, talked about Thread! You would have all loved to hear.
We miss you!
Susan
 
It's so exciting to hear about the first use of the new training videos and the Business to Peace (B2P) efforts. This is ground-breaking work. You are making a real difference in these women's lives. I have such happy anticipation of following each of our associates over the next few years and seeing the impact they have on Afghanistan.

I am so proud of Palwasha. I remember so well the interview she had with Bucknell in Kabul last December as several of us, including her mother, sat nearby watching and listening -- bursting with excitement. I am filled with joy when I think about how this remarkable young woman's future.

Ray -- go for it money man!

Sending you so much love,

Athena
 
hi everyone
Frank and Trisha are having dinner with us. Trisha showed me how to put a comment on the blog site. I am very proud with all of your accomplishments. Keep up the good work and stay safe. Much love Mom.
 
This has made me ponder іf therе's a couple of areas I could do things in a more focused way.

Also visit my blog ... http://cheappersonalloans.me.uk
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?